My TOP 5 vegan desserts
I do not know about you but I LOVE experimenting with new vegan recipes (especially dessert recipes haha). And even though I do not have your traditional 9 to 5 work life, for some reason during weekend I still feel like I can spend some more time enjoying my hobbies instead of working on my career goals. I call it "magic of the weekend".
Baking in particular has been one of my biggest hobbies ever since I remember myself. Of course, as I was raised in your typical omnivore family, I was mostly baking with eggs, milk, butter, cream... (No wonder I was a chubby kid). And as I felt that I have perfected my recipes and even was considering to be a baker for a living, veganism came into my life and completely changed it all. You plan and Universe laughs, right?
Suddenly I had to learn it all over again. How to get same consistency and taste and texture and etc with vegan products only?! I felt defeated and did not bake at all for awhile. And then pandemic hit. I had nothing but time and could not make any more excuses. I had to conquer my fears and at least try. So I did.
Funny thing with baking - first time whatever I bake it comes out looking picture perfect and super delicious and I feel like I am on top of the world, super motivated and a bit proud. But then second, third, sometimes even fourth time around even my doggie does not want to try my baked goods.
I learned that in baking, just like in life - as long as you do not give up and keep on learning from your mistakes - you will receive what you have been working and reaching for.
Let me share my TOP 5 vegan dessert recipes that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also teach you that true beauty is in simplicity.
- Vegan peanut butter cookies - these are to-die-for! I love that it requires only few commonly found ingredients and you do not have to be an expert baker to make them! Great recipe to involve your little ones in!
- Apple oatmeal cookies - an apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Combine it with some oats and few other ingredients and here you go - super delicious (gluten free!) vegan dessert! It is so good I have to admit - sometimes eat it for breakfast.
- Vegan ice cream - as warmer days are approaching I believe many of us are screaming for ice cream haha. What if I told you this recipe needs only 3 ingredients! And its not what you expect - some frozen fruit with some almond milk. Noup! It is rich, nutty and creamy...ummm... Trust me, it will win your heart after a first bite.
- Raspberry vegan cheesecake - this cake is my ultimate all-type-of-celebration king! It does not require tons of fancy ingredients (actually you do not even need an oven to make it), it is super creamy and soft but fresh and sweet-sour. The color of raspberries just screams spring-summer to me! What a mood booster!
- Vegan apple crumble - I love versatile desserts when you can adjust them based on what you find in your fridge and this one is definitely super versatile. I love replacing apples with cherries, raspberries, pears and etc. Switch it up based on your liking or whats in season right now and please let me know what new combos you invented!
Post a Comment