Nutrients that vegans might lack
No matter if you are vegan, vegetarian or meat-eater, you have to be careful when it comes to your diet and make sure that your body is getting all the vitamins and nutrients it needs to perform as best as possible.
So lets take a look into some of main things that your organism might lack of while on plant-based diet, what are the symptoms and what foods or ingredients can help to solve the problem.
Vitamin D is also called a sunshine vitamin. It is necessary for the absorption of calcium in order to maintain healthy bones and for overall well-being.
You might be lacking vitamin D if:
- you feel tired without a reason
- you have depressive thoughts
- your wounds do not heal as fast as before
- you suffer from back or muscle pain, you noticed significant hair loss
The easiest way to make sure your body gets enough vitamin D is to spend more time (carefully!) in the sunlight. If you live up north and can not enjoy sun as much, you can include these foods to your diet: mushrooms, soy milk, orange juice, oatmeal or use pharmaceutical vitamin D supplements.
The fact that zinc is found in cells all throughout the body proves how important it is for us (especially during pregnancy, infancy and childhood for the body to develop properly). It is much needed in order for immune system to work properly, it helps to break down carbohydrates and it plays very important part in cell division and growth. Zinc is necessary for proper senses of taste and smell.
Your body is suffering from zinc deficiency if:
- you experience loss of appetite
- you are not as alert as usually
- you noticed decreased senses of smell and taste
- you encounter unexplained weight loss
- you have noticed random open sores on the skin
In order to make sure your body has sufficient amount of zinc, you should incorporate these foods into your diet: legumes, beans, different types of nuts and whole grains as well as nutritional yeast.
P.S. make sure to soak grains and legumes so your body could absorb zinc better.
Once you find out that this vitamin is a genetic material in all cells, you know its level of importance for our bodies. It not only keeps your nerve system and blood cells healthy, it also helps to make DNA.
Besides that, vitamin B12 sufficiency is crucial in order to prevent megaloblastic anemia that makes you feel tired and weak.
You might experience lack of vitamin B12 if:
- you have some nerve problems (numbness or tingling in the hands or feet)
- you noticed unexplained loss of appetite and weight loss
- you suffer from constipation
- it is hard for you to keep your balance
- you started having poor memory
- you feel depressed or confused
Unfortunately, this type of vitamin is primarily found in animal products - eggs, meat, diary, insects. Luckily for us, vegans, some plant foods are fortified with vitamin B12, for example, some plant-based milks or nutritional yeast. And we always can choose a pharmaceutical vitamin B12 option.
Iron is needed in order to make hemoglobin - a protein found in red blood cells. Hemoglobin enables blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body and ensures overall well-being.
Your body lacks iron if:
- you feel more tired than usually and have lack of energy
- you experience shortness of breath
- it is hard for you to concentrate
- you often feel cold without a reason
- you suffer from headaches or buzzing noises inside your head
- your skin became more pale than usually
- you noticed hair loss
- you have unusual cravings
Even though it is quite difficult for your body to absorb iron from plant-based meals - if you make sure to follow a varied diet filled with leafy green vegetables, lentils, dried fruits and whole grains - you do not have to worry about iron deficiency.
P.S. if you add foods that are rich in vitamin C to your diet, you will help your body to absorb iron more efficiently.
Omega-3 fatty acids
This fatty acid is essential in order to maintain a healthy heart. Moreover, omega-3 fatty acids build up cell walls which is important for a healthy skin, nails, hair and more.
You might not be getting enough omega-3 fatty acids if:
- you have trouble sleeping
- you experience dry skin and dandruffs
- your hair seem to have lost elasticity and is becoming brittle
- your nails are getting thinner
- you noticed unexplained rashes on your body
You can make sure that your body has a sufficient amount of omega-3 by consuming more walnuts and chia, hemp or flax seeds!
Whenever transitioning from one diet to another (vegan diet in this case) you have to put in effort and gather as much information as you can so your transition would be easier and without any side effects. After all - your health is your wealth and you should do everything that is in your power to protect it!
It provides a great number of games which are be} sure to provide you with endless fun. Grand Fortune casino's welcome bonus is a 400% match going up to as} $4,000. Follow this link and discover extra Red Dog Casino bonuses and promotions. To see the games which are excluded from the wagering contribution please examine the time period 17.2 코인카지노 and 17.3 of our basic phrases and circumstances.ReplyDelete